Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)
- In Theaters: November 18, 2016
- MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some fantasy action violence
- Genres: Adventure, Family, Fantasy
- Run Time: 2 Hour 12 Minutes
- Distributors: Heyday Films, Warner Bros.
- Stars: Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Samantha Morton, Jon Voight, Ron Perlman, Carmen Ejogo, Jenn Murray, Faith Wood-Blagrove, Colin Farrell, Zoe Kravitz
- Directors: David Yates,
- Writer: J.K. Rowling
The plot revolves around Newt Scamander, who was making a brief stop in New York in December 1926, shortly after completing his travels around the world to research for his Magizoology book, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. What was meant to be a short interlude is prolonged when a No-Maj called Jacob Kowalski inadvertently disrupts Newt's magically-expanded suitcase, releasing a number of dangerous magical creatures into the city and threatening to worsen even further the state of magical and non-magical relations in the United States (which were already tense due to the presence of a fanatical extremist group, the New Salem Philanthropic Society, advocating for a "Second Salem" and the erradication of wizardkind).